LAST UPDATE: 25 September 2023
Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
The GLIST website www.glistofficial.com (“Site”) is owned by GLIST OFFICIAL TRADING LLC (“GLIST OFFICIAL TRADING”) having its registered office and place of business at P.O. Box 9394, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, trading under the brand, “GLIST”. These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to the use of the Site by users (“you”, “your” or “users”) along with all associated Sites and sites owned by GLIST OFFICIAL TRADING or, as the case may be, GLIST, its subsidiaries, and affiliates (collectively “GLIST”, “we”, “us” or “our”). The Site is provided as a service to users and is intended to allow you and other users to browse and order products or services (“Products”) offered for sale on the Site.
By accessing or visiting the Site, you agree to be bound by, consent to comply with, and consent to the practices described in, these Terms, which govern your access and use of the Site and all content and functionalities available on the Site; if you do not agree, please do not use the Site.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms, at any time. It is your responsibility to check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes will constitute your express consent to the changes to these Terms.
Nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights, either as a consumer or otherwise.
The Site allows you to access, browse and place orders for Products available on the Site. You may register an account with us (“Account”) which will require you to provide some compulsory personal information.
By registering an Account, you warrant that the details you provide to us are true, accurate, and complete and you agree that you will inform us immediately of any changes to those details (e.g. change of email or shipping address). You can access and update your details using the “Account” area of the Site. You authorise us to use any information provided to us in registering to verify your information (including any updated information). Your application for registration must otherwise be acceptable to us at our own absolute discretion.
To register an Account, or otherwise use the Site you must be the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction. If you are below the legal age of majority, your parent or guardian must consent to the Terms and your use of the Site on your behalf.
By registering on the Site and opening your Account, you will create your own unique username and password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account password and for taking all necessary steps to ensure that the username and password are kept confidential and secure. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your Account (including any unauthorised use of your username and password). Please inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your username and/or password has become known to anyone else, or are being, or are likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner, and change your password as soon as possible.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE
You may only use the Site for lawful purposes and you may not use the Site in a way that infringes the rights of anyone else or that restricts or inhibits anyone else’s enjoyment of the Site.
Without limiting the generality of the preceding paragraph, when accessing the Site, you should not:
- Interfere, disrupt or attempt to gain unauthorised access to other accounts on the Site or any other computer network;
- Use the Site in connection with any commercial endeavors without our prior written consent;
- Post your personal information such as instant messaging addresses, personal URLs, physical addresses, and phone numbers in any publicly viewable areas of the Site;
- Create user Accounts by automated means or under fraudulent or false pretenses;
- Collect and publish any information about any of our users;
- Encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal or civil offense;
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations;
- Exploit any person, including but not limited to exploiting any minor under 21years of age;
- Invade the privacy of any person, including but not limited to submitting personally identifying or otherwise private information about a person without their consent (or their parent/guardian’s consent in the case of a child under 21years of age);
- Submit false or misleading information to us, the Site, or other users;
- Undermine any feedback or ratings systems;
- Transfer your Account (including your username and password) to another party without prior written consent from us;
- Distribute spam, bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes on the Site;
- Engage in any other activity deemed by us to be in conflict with the spirit of these Terms; or
- Otherwise, incur any liability to us.
You will not use the Site to distribute any materials that:
- are defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, or an invasion of a right of privacy of another person; are hateful, or racially or otherwise offensive; are violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit; or otherwise harm or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or entity;
- are illegal or encourage or advocate illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them, including a submission that is, or represents an attempt to engage in, child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, drug dealing and/or drug abuse, harassment, theft, or conspiracy to commit any criminal activity;
- infringe or violate any right of a third party including any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary or contractual rights, right of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person’s personal information of any kind without their express permission) or publicity, or any confidentiality obligation;
- are commercial, business-related, or advertise or offer to sell any products otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicit others (including solicitations for contributions or donations);
- contain a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise, tamper with, impair or damage the Site or any connected network, or otherwise interfere with any person or entity’s use or enjoyment of the Site;
- violate any specific restrictions applicable to a public forum, including its age restrictions and procedures; or
- are antisocial, disruptive, or destructive, including “flaming,” spamming,” flooding,” trolling,” and “griefing” as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet.
You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of the Site. Unless such restriction is prohibited by law or you have our written permission, you may not reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of the Site. You may only access the Site through the interfaces that we provide for that purpose (for example, you may not “scrape” the Site through automated means or “frame” any part of the Site).
You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any portion or feature of the Site, or any other systems or networks connected to the Site, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means.
You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Site or our systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Site or to us.
We reserve the right to restrict or terminate your access to, or use of, the Site, the Products, or any feature or part of it at any time if you breach these Terms or for any other reason whatsoever without notice. Termination or limitation of your access or use will not waive or affect any other right or relief to which we may be entitled at law.
The Site may contain links to other websites. We make no representations or warranties as to the content, privacy practices and other practices of any websites operated by a third party and GLIST assumes no responsibility for the content or practices of such websites. You should check the terms and conditions and privacy policies of all third-party websites you visit to understand their procedures.
If you use any material or visit any linked website, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive material. GLIST does not endorse and is not responsible for the use of, or the content of, any third-party websites. GLIST is not responsible for anything that may happen when you use them.
Neither you nor any third party acting on your behalf may link to any page of this Site.
You or third parties acting on your behalf may not (i) use our or our licensor’s proprietary marks and logos as meta tags or any other “hidden text”; or (ii) use framing technology to enclose any content included on the Site, without our prior written consent.
ONLINE PURCHASES AND OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All purchases through our Site or other transactions for the sale of Products formed through the Site, or resulting from visits made by you on our Site, are governed by our Terms of Sale, which are hereby incorporated into these Terms.
Additional terms and conditions may also apply to specific portions, services, or features of the Site. All such additional terms and conditions are hereby incorporated by this reference into these Terms.
The standard transaction currency on our Site is UAE Dirham (AED). While product prices may be shown on the Site in your local currency, the displayed price will be shown in AED at the checkout page. You are responsible for understanding any applicable conversion rate to your local currency.
You are responsible for retaining a copy of all records relating to any purchase or other transaction by you on our Site, including a copy of any applicable Site policies and rules in effect at the time of such purchase or other transaction.
LICENCE AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Subject to these Terms, we grant you a personal, limited, revocable, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license to access and use the Site solely in connection with your order and payment for the Products. This license is exclusive to you and you may not sublicense or transfer the use of the Site to anyone else. We and any relevant licensors expressly retain all ownership rights, title, and interest in and to all aspects of the Site, including images of the Products, including, but not limited to, all current and future patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, know-how, and other proprietary rights included or embodied in the Site.
You may not modify the Site, create derivative works of the Site, or reverse engineer, reverse compile, reverse assemble or do any other operation with the Site that would reveal any source code, trade secrets, know-how, or other proprietary information. This license will not be construed or interpreted as granting or providing rights to you to use, copy, reproduce, modify, distribute, perform, display, possess, or control the source code or any other aspect of the Site. You may not remove or modify any notice of confidentiality, trade secret, trademark or copyright encoded or embodied in the Site or displayed by, on, or in the Site. You may use the Site only while these Terms remain in effect. Under no circumstances shall you have any rights of any kind in or to the Site after any termination or expiration of your agreement to these Terms for any reason. Except for the rights expressly granted to you in these Terms, we grant no right, title, or interest to you in the Site and the Products. All rights and privileges that are not expressly granted under these Terms are reserved by us and our licensors.
We use reasonable efforts to ensure that the online features of the Site are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, there will be occasions when the Site will be interrupted for maintenance, upgrades, and emergency repairs or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond our control. We will use reasonable commercial efforts to minimise such disruption where it is within our reasonable control. We will not be liable to you for any unavailability, modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site or any Product.
You are responsible for obtaining access to the Site and that access may involve third-party fees (such as internet service provider or airtime charges).You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Site.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all contents of the Site are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress, and/or other intellectual property owned, controlled, or licensed by us or one of our affiliates or by third parties who have licensed their materials to us and are protected by the applicable laws.
The name of GLIST and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are proprietary to GLIST or its affiliates or licensors and must not be used without the prior written permission of GLIST. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to and use of the Site, at any time, without notice and need for a court order, for any reason, including but not limited to (a) your breach of these Terms, or any other policies or guidelines of GLIST as may be in effect from time to time, or (b) conduct that we believe is harmful to other users of the Site, or the business of GLIST or other third parties.
You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Site. We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Products (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Products.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We, our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective suppliers, and any of their owners, officers, directors, managers, members, agents, and employees, expressly disclaim (to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law) any and all express, implied, and statutory warranties, including, without limitation, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from the computer, mobile or internet device virus, title, and non-infringement of proprietary rights.
The information presented on or through the Site is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Site may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by GLIST, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of GLIST. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the maximum extent permissible by applicable law, we, our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective suppliers, and any of their owners, officers, directors, managers, members, agents, and employees:
- are not responsible for any infringement or transaction dispute, including, but not limited to, transaction disputes about quality, safety, breach of warranty, lawfulness, or availability of the Products and the payment by you;
- are not liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages or loss (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) arising out of, or in a way connected with the use or inability to use the Site and its content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), or any other legal theory, and whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such damages; and
- exclude any and all liability for damages caused by, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any communications due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or on the Site or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from use of the Site.
Where it is not possible to exclude liability under applicable law, you agree that our maximum liability for any corresponding claim will be limited to an amount of AED 100.
You agree to hold harmless and indemnify us, our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective suppliers, and any of their owners, officers, directors, managers, members, agents, and employees, from and against any claims, liabilities, suits, judgments, litigation costs, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages (actual and consequential), fines, penalties, and attorneys’ fees or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature arising from or in any way related to (a) your access to or use of the Site or Products; (b) your violation of these Terms; (c) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right or any publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right; (d) any claim that your use of the Site or Products caused damage to a third party; or (e) any claim arising out of or in connection with any transactional dispute about the Products, listing, or information on the Site.
Under no circumstances will we be held liable for any delay or failure or disruption of the content or Products delivered through the Site resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer, telecommunications or any other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, pandemics, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals or non-performance by third parties.
These Terms, as supplemented by any additional documents referred to in them and any policies or rules posted on the Site (including any amendments made from time to time as contemplated by these Terms) sets out the entire understanding and agreement between you and us with respect to the use of the Site.
To use the Site you will communicate with us electronically. You agree to receive communications from us electronically and that these electronic communications will satisfy any legal requirement for communications that need to be in writing. You agree that we can reasonably rely on any electronic communication received from you with the intention of giving your authentication or approval of information sent to us by electronic means (whether through the Site or otherwise).
Severability: If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable and can be deleted without altering the essence of these Terms, the invalid, the illegal, or unenforceable provision will be severed and the remaining provisions will remain in full force or effect.
Assignment and third party rights: You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to any third party unless we agree in writing. We may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of our rights or obligations under these Terms to any third party at our discretion.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Terms will be governed by the laws of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), United Arab Emirates. Any dispute regarding these Terms will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the DIFC Courts. If any portion of the Terms is held to be unenforceable, invalid, or illegal by any court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of the Terms will not be affected.
GLIST OFFICIAL TRADING LLC having its registered office and place of business at P.O. Box 9394 Dubai, United Arab Emirates. You can contact us regarding the Site, or these Terms, at firstname.lastname@example.org.